Sherlockhost is very aware of its customers right to privacy. We make this commitment to you. We will take every step possible to ensure that your privacy is not violated. We value our clients and want to build a mutual relationship based on trust. Sherlockhost will never break that trust. Cookies is a small file in which is stored a sequence of characters We utilise cookies for storing our user preferences, following your trends etc. This enables us to provide you with a better service. Upon your commencement with Sherlockhost we will send one or more cookies to your device to uniquely identify your browser. When you use our services or that of one of our partner’s, we may also set one or more cookies in your browser. Whenever you send emails, publish content or post material to your website, transmit information or message through our services, we may retain the same cookies in order to handle your questions, act upon your requests and generally enhance your experience with us. We have many data centres, either owned or operated by us or by our partners. These data centres are the only place where information gathered by us is stored
Personal Data Transmissions Are EncryptedWith Sherlockhost, all of your personal information is protected. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), the industry standard, for encrypting all personal information. Sherlockhost will not sell any of your personal information. Sherlockhost keeps all of your information confidential.
Policy ChangesSherlockhost is dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality hosting and domain name registration services possible. We are determined to stay on the cutting edge of newly available technologies. While Sherlockhost always tries to provide our clients with reasonable notification, Sherlockhost reserves the right to change its policy at any time due to customer’s needs, changing laws and new technology.
- Personal data including, name, address, gender, date of birth, email, telephone number, and service details.
- Information on your use of our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, time spent on a page or content, and the routing methods.
- Occasionally we will collect additional data to assist us in the supply of quality service and products to you.
- We may not be able to provide you with a specific service if you elect not to provide us with certain information
- To verify your identity
- To optimise our services for you, manage them and allow us to continuously review, enhance and update service to provide access to certain areas of the website
- To enable your visits to our site to be more personalised
- To organise contests and gamification
- Advertising and other revenue generation functions.
Information Sharing and DisclosureSherlockhost will not disclose data that personally identifies you to any third parties, except when:
- You have consented to the use of this information
- It is imperative to share your information in order for us to provide you with the services or products which you have requested
- It becomes necessary to share the information with specific service partners so that we can reply to your questions or comments or to solve service issues that you may have. You will be informed if these partners have any independent right to use this information for any purpose other than to resolve the specific service issue.
- We are compelled to respond to any legal proceedings, court orders or subpoenas.
- When the law demands that such action is required in order to protect and defend the rights of Sherlockhost’s property
- When the safety and security of our site’s users needs to be protected by relevant laws or regulations.
- It comes to our attention that you have violated Sherlockhost’s Terms and Conditions or our usage guidelines for specific products or services
- We are required to share details with third parties in order to receive counsel or advice (e.g. Auditors or attorneys.)
Choices for Personal InformationYou will be asked for personal data during the registration process for specific services. Your permission will always be requested if this information is to be used in any way apart from the purpose defined herein and in the terms of the services offered. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but your browser can be reconfigured to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You should know, however, that some of our features and services might not function correctly if you disable your cookie function. You may, of course, choose not to submit personal information for any of our services, but this could result is us not being able to provide those services to you.
- Communication between Sherlockhost and user.
- Making the sites or services more user friendly by reducing the repetition of entering this information
- Providing our services
- Auditing, research and analysis to allow us to better maintain, protect and improve our services
- Ensuring that our network is functioning correctly
- Protecting our rights and property and that of our users
- Developing new services
- As described in the respective terms of service of each of our services and in the Sherlockhost Legal Agreements.
Use of information for marketingWith any permission given by the user, we may send direct marketing related to both our own, or carefully selected third parties’, goods and services. Additionally, we may disclose your information to other organizations that may send direct marketing to you. Your marketing preferences may be changed at any time if you are registered with us. You may also follow the “unsubscribe” links provided in any unwanted communications sent to you.
Information SharingPersonal information is shared with other companies or individuals only in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent
- As permitted and described in the respective terms of service of each of our services and in the Sherlockhost Legal Agreements.
- We may share certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, such as demographic information. Users will not be identified individually in this case.
- We believe, in good faith, that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary in order to: